Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The "T" word

There is a word that keeps coming up, all around me. It's starting to frighten me. More so because we honestly don't know what's happening at the moment. Yet every where we turn, the dreaded word keeps appearing. In stories of others. Around coworkers. E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E!

Now don't get me wrong, we will welcome whatever life has thrown our way. I just find it odd, that every where we turn, someone else is telling us about

TRIPLETS


At our embryo transfer appointment, the receptionist told us about a recent patient who walked out of their ultrasound crying. Come to find out, after 3 years of trying, they were expecting 3! And dad was ghostly white with panic. (Kind of how I picture my hubby turning if that happens to us.)

We've joked that that active little embryo doing somersaults in his dish (we pictured him saying "WEEEEEEE!!!!!) split. Just because the little guy wouldn't sit still.

Come to find out, 3 day transfers have a higher chance of splitting. That's why most docs prefer day 5 transfers to help cut down on the odds.

Friends and family have both joked that we'll end up with 3.

I just over heard a coworker talking about friends that had triplets.

I am one of three. Both my sisters have 3 kids.

So what are the odds? Well, I guess we'll find out.

First things first though, am I pregnant?


No comments:

Post a Comment