Monday, November 26, 2012

Food Aversion #1

One of the things I've noticed the most is how much my appetite has changed. I get full much sooner than I used to. Only eating about half the size of a plate I'd usually eat. But about 2 hours later, I'm starving again. Most days I wake up to my stomach rumbling, screaming to be fed. I prefer to have my shake and slowly sip it over a good 2 hours. This seems to give my stomach time to adjust to being fed, and keeps the nausea from coming on too strong.

Last night, starving once again after only a few hours, I decided to make some stir fry. Used brown rice noodles, mushrooms, onions, zucchini, tofu, tomatoes and mixed some Liquid Aminos and Sweet & Spicy Chili sauce. Sounded pretty appetizing at the time.

Until I started cooking it.

Then put a small amount on my plate.


At which time, I attempted to take a bite. 

Ugh.

I used to love stir fry. It was my go to meal. Especially if it contained onions and mushrooms. 

NOT ANYMORE!

I could only stand 3 bites before I felt like I might vomit. 

So I went to my new go to meal/snack.


Crackers and hummus. About the only thing that went down easy last night. Considering I used to eat stir fry ALL THE TIME, I'm assuming this to be my first food aversion.

Also regarding the hummus and crackers, I've found that Cedars seems to use the best ingredients regarding health to make their hummus. And the crackers are Back To Basics brand. Also using only the best ingredients. Definitely more expensive than Ritz, but they don't seem to bother my stomach.


No comments:

Post a Comment