Monday, November 19, 2012

Just What the Doctor Ordered

After last week's almost nervous breakdown, thanks to slow rising Hcg numbers and a very negative nurse, we headed up North on Tuesday for some much needed R&R. Thankfully when I spoke to the nurse Monday, she stated I wouldn't need any other blood work, besides Tuesday's until the following week. So I got up at the ass crack of dawn and headed in for my blood draw. Came home to a very sleepy husband, not moving too quickly. We took our time, finished packing, loaded up the car, stopped in at Starbucks, then headed North. Finally.

Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, VT is one of our favorite places to go and relax. During our drive up, the nurse phoned with my morning blood draw results. In 4 days, my Hcg went from 300 to 783. Still considered in the normal range because it was elevating by 60% in 48 hours. Although they still felt the numbers were a little low. So she ran through the ectopic pregnancy symptoms over the phone with me, and stressed numerous times to run to the ER if I had any signs.


Once I heard that, I felt a little better. Not about the ectopic thing, but that my numbers were still climbing. And once we got up north, it was all relaxation for me.

The View from our room.

Hubby Enjoying lunch in Burlington at The Farmhouse.

He also enjoyed several beverages. Seems to be enjoying the DD wife.

I sipped on some Ginger Ale.

We treated ourselves to a cinnamon roll for breakfast one day.

Did some light hiking.

Our friends came to join us on Friday night.

We did some hiking with them as well. 

We even made it up the 3.1 mile hike to the cabin in the woods.

Then continued to hike down the 3.1 miles. Probably over did it a bit, but I took my time.

Enjoyed a puzzle.

Or two.

All in all, we had a great time doing a whole lot of nothing. But eating. Hiking. Relaxing at their spa. And just enjoying some time alone. 

Today though, we head in for our first ultrasound. They'll also be running several blood tests to be sure my kidneys and liver are functioning properly. Fingers crossed all goes well. Today is apparently 5 weeks and 6 days. Most likely we'll see the sac, and possible a heart beat. Or two. Still early though. 

Oh, and I forgot to mention all the rainbows we saw in VT. At least 2, possibly 3. Always brought a smile to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment