Monday, June 3, 2013

Mini Babymoon

Hubby and I love our weekends away. We try to squeeze them in as much as possible, but they're always done last minute, and usually includes an amazing deal. This weekend was no different. I had happened to Like Mountain View Grand Resort's Facebook page a few months ago, knowing I wanted to stay there at some point. Thursday as I was cruising through my newsfeed, and saw that they posted a 50% Flash sale for the weekend. I immediately called them and booked us a room for Saturday night. Bonus: the room was even more marked down, more like 65% off! Score!

We leisurely packed and got ready Saturday morning (hubby still seems a little jet lagged from last weekend), popped into Starbucks for breakfast and headed North.

We arrived at the hotel around 1pm to blue skies and 90 degrees of heat. Thankfully our room was ready, and we checked in early, changed, and headed to the pool. We were starving at this point so we sat inside at their clubhouse first. Mostly because I was feeling the heat and wanted some AC before swimming.


The food was amazing, and I really wish I had gotten a shot of their Crab Cake sandwich that we both enjoyed. It was a masterpiece. After lunch we lounged by their outdoor pool for a few hours, that thankfully had opened the day before. The sun was blazing and the water was the perfect temp. 

Later we headed back to our room, freshened up and changed for dinner. We sat on the front porch of a bit taking in the scenery. 


The view is absolutely breathtaking, and the entire hotel sits perched on a hill looking over parts of the Presidential Range. 



We opted to eat dinner at their Tavern, and not their main dining room. Less expensive and sits overlooking the mountains. Dinner was excellent, as expected. After, we did another quick wardrobe change, and went for a long walk through their property. They have an active farm on the property, so we visited the animals for bit. 


At this point, I was ready for dessert. So we headed back to the Tavern and each enjoyed a homemade creation. Hubby had the Chocolate Decadence, and I the Maple Creme Brulee!



We headed home fairly early Sunday, and stopped in Woodstock, NH at the Woodstock Inn for breakfast. (Maybe even the candy shoppe down town for some sweets.) We enjoyed the rest of the day lake side at my grandmother's camp with my nephews. 

All in all, an extremely relaxing weekend that was very much needed. Quality time alone will be hard to come by very soon. 






No comments:

Post a Comment