Thursday, June 27, 2013

37 Weeks-Full Term!



Baby Size: 
Wintermelon
20.5" long  
7 lbs

Gender: 
Girl!

Knickname: 

Monkey, she does not stop moving 

Baby Changes: 

  • She's practicing inhaling and exhaling
  • She's also working on gripping and blinking
  • She is building up meconium, her first poop
  • All her crucial organs are considered full term
  • She is still head down and very active

Weight Gain: 
-1 lb this week, total gain of  36lbs

Cravings: 
  • Popcorn, kettlecorn
  • Ice cream

Aversions: 

Still aren't experiencing any. However I'll be avoiding tomatoes which are giving me serious heartburn again.

Showing:  

Ha.


Body Changes: 
Things are becoming more difficult, that's for sure. My lower back is continuously hurting. I've kept up going to the chiro which has definitely helped. This morning I was able to get out of bed with minimal pain, so that was good. My hips have been getting the stretching sensation more often, and I keep having mild cramping/stretching in my pelvis. Heartburn is definitely triggered by tomatoes, so those are a no go at night. Cervix is still closed, but softening still. Being a planner, this whole not knowing when labor will happen is really starting to get at me. Trying to take one day at a time, and focus on my list of things to get done.

Worst Moment this Week: 

Realizing I have stretch marks low on my belly. Also I apparently have Gestational Hypertension. My blood pressure keeps elevating, so I am now having non stress tests twice a week. Really hoping that it stays at bay.

Best Moment this Week: 
I have a new nephew!

Looking Forward To: 
Hopefully meeting my new nephew this weekend. And you know, maybe go into labor soon....

Completed this week: 
  • Done working
  • Picked up paint for the glider
  • Almost done Reading Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Natural Childbirth
  • Stretching using the birthing ball for back and hips
  • Things to complete: 
    • sign up for infant CPR class
    • prime & paint the changing table (for downstairs bath)
    • prime & paint the dresser 
    • paint glider
    • hang up her mobile
    • get a frame for the family tree art
    • order the glider cushions
Firsts: 
  • Stretch marks on my lower belly
  • Diagnosed with Gestational Hypertension
  • Sensation of my hips stretching
  • Officially up twice a night to pee
  • More frequent BMs, (which can be a sign of labor coming)

No comments:

Post a Comment