Monday, June 10, 2013

Deal of a Lifetime

So Saturday morning hubby and I got up at 9am and slowly got out of bed. Had some breakfast, and started deciding what to do with our completely free day. (Something we haven't had in a while.) I had gotten the flyer for BabiesRUs during the week, and noticed the Bob Revolution SE was on sale in stores for $369.99 vs. the usual $449. But it was only the orange model. However, all the accessories were 20% off as well. So we decided to take a little trip up to Nashua (tax free) to see, yet again for the third time, the stroller we've been wanting to purchase for the last 3 months.


At the store, we must have looked like some lost expectant parents because not one but 2 sales people asked if we needed help. The second, Thom, just happened to walk by when we were exploring the Orange Bob. Well we apparently peeked his interest, and he immediately spouted out "That exact stroller is on clearance. It's discontinued, and I'm looking to get rid of it."

Well isn't that convenient....

I pulled out my handy flyer and said the sale price says $369.99. At which time he pulled out his handy scanner, and said "I can let it go for....$299." We were sold at this point, but then I mentioned that we got a coupon for 10% off to finish our registry.

"Oh, well since BuyBuy Baby is right down the road, I can give you 15% off instead of the 10%." (Are you kidding me?!) Hubby and I were jumping up and down internally, but not saying anything, but "Great, we'll take it."

He even pumped up the tires to be sure they held air, found the Chicco adapter for the carseat. Oh and did I mention the cup holder was displayed on the floor model, so he included that as well?! And at checkout, they let me use 2 $5 off coupons I had gotten in the mail! Score!


So instead of spending:

Stroller: $449
Cup Holders: $25
Chicco Adapter: $45
Total: $519

We spent:
Stroller: $299-15%-$5= $249.15
Cup Holder: $0
Chicco Adapter: $45-20%-$5=$30.98
Total: $280!!!!!
WE SAVED $239!

And to make things even better, we had $240 in gift cards (from our very generous family and friends) from our shower, so we only spent $40! Deal of a Lifetime, I tell you!

Welcome to the family Bob!

No comments:

Post a Comment