Wednesday, June 19, 2013

36 Weeks



Baby Size: 
Honeydew
20" long  
6.5 lbs

Gender: 
Girl!

Knickname: 

Monkey, she does not stop moving 

Baby Changes: 

  • She has dropped further into my pelvis
  • She's closer to being able to breath on her own
  • Her skin is getting smooth and soft
  • Her liver and kidneys are in working order
  • Cirulatory & Immune Systems are in working order
  • She is definitely head down, confirmed by doctor!

Weight Gain: 
1 lb this week, total gain of  37lbs

Cravings: 
  • Peanut butter sandwiches
  • Sweet drinks (sticking to raspberry leaf tea with stevia)

Aversions: 

None.

Showing:  

I'm hard to miss these days.


Body Changes: 
The last couple of days, I've noticed that she's dropped lower into my pelvis. Started getting "lightening" pains and discomfort walking. This was confirmed at Tuesday's appointment, with our first internal exam. Cervix is closed, but thinning and softening. Her head is apparently already way down there, and apparently pressing on my bladder. Amazingly enough, I've been able to sleep through the night without getting up to pee. Even if I do, it's usually only once. I'm definitely more tired each day. My legs and ankles are permanently swollen now along with my arms and face, and nothing seems to get them to go down. Still only wearing my Birkenstocks. Clothing is more limited now that my belly is so big. I've been sticking to dresses and long flowing shirts.  One more week until she's full term!

Worst Moment this Week: 

My back has been really sore. Getting up from sitting down is not fun.

Best Moment this Week: 
Had 2 women stop me, and comment on how beautiful I look while out and about. One happened to be a doula. Definitely made my day. 

Looking Forward To: 
Our friends wedding this coming weekend! Can't wait to see a lot of our college friends! (And some other preggers too.)

Completed this week: 
  • Packed the hospital bag
  • Put both hospital and diaper bag in the car (just in case)
  • Currently Reading Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Natural Childbirth
  • All her clothes are washed
  • Purchased a birthing ball
  • Things to complete: 
    • sign up for infant CPR class
    • prime & paint the changing table (for downstairs bath)
    • prime & paint the dresser 
    • paint glider
    • hang up her mobile
    • get a frame for the family tree art
    • order the glider cushions
Firsts: 
  • Lightening pains
  • Internal exam, cervix is closed, but thinning and softening
  • Baby girl's head is already in position
  • Bought a maternity bathing suit

No comments:

Post a Comment