Thursday, May 30, 2013

One Of Those Days

Today is one of the first days where I feel like I'm wrinkling my nose at everything.
My stomach feels sour.
My left foot is so swollen, I've kicked my sandal off and I'm walking around the office barefoot. (I hope no one minds.)
I'm tired.
Pretty sure this wrap dress is now considered "inappropriate" for the office, since my monstrous breasts keep trying to escape.
I had a massive leg cramp in my left calf last night, that still feels super tight.
I've hit the mark of 24 hours of heart burn.
Sitting up straight is no longer an option.
I'm hungry all the time, but nothing sounds appetizing or tastes really good.
Round ligament stretching is in full force.

I used to wonder how pregnant woman could complain about being pregnant. Having waited so long to get to this point, I couldn't understand how any woman could not be anything but over joyed with excitement.

I get it now.

Don't get my wrong, I still feel blessed and so happy each and every day that our little girl is growing and thriving. I love feeling her little movements, stretches, and kicks. Even if they tend to hurt now and then. They are all reminders that she's still in there. And yes, I've had a very easy pregnancy, so I have no right to complain. But I could do without the heartburn...

I guess it's just one of those days.

But instead of sitting here, feeling bad, I'm going to remember those moments 2 years ago when all I did was yearn to be at this point. I'm going to keep reminding myself that there's only (about) 7 weeks left of keeping my little one safe inside of me. That this is going to end so much faster than I realize.

Cherish.
Each.
Moment.
That's today's goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment