Trying to use her full name more
- Her 5 senses are fully developed
- Her brain and nerves are going through major development this week
- Her irises now react to light
- She's definitely moving around more during the day and night now
+7lbs in 3 weeks, but I didn't gain anything the 2 weeks prior to that. I seem to go through spurts of no weight change, and then a big gain. Total gain thus far is +24lbs. Feeling massive, and planning on getting some yoga in a couple times a week now.
- Ice cream
Amazed that there's still none.
Still waddling away.
Feeling the weight gain, that's for sure. Baby girl is all up in my lungs now, so I get breathless more often. My lower back gets strained very easily, cleaning was a project and I did a lot of stretching afterwards. I'm getting tired earlier, and falling asleep earlier too. I've noticed a few Braxton Hicks contractions. Nothing painful, just the tightness of them, but they quickly release. Working on my pelvic floor muscles, that's for sure. She's moving around a lot now, and because she's gotten bigger and her space is more limited, it's very visible. Jowls. Major thigh rubbing. Swollen feet and ankles. Rolling over in my sleep wakes me up.
Worst Moment this Week:
Seeing the number on the scale. Yikes. Glad my doctor wasn't alarmed, but I sure was.
Best Moment this Week:
Learned about many natural ways to induce labor, which I'll be sharing with you all soon. Saw some other pregnant friends this weekend too, so nice to sit and chat with them and catch up on how their pregnancies are going. Loved hearing everyone's opinions on birth as well.
Looking Forward To:
Maternity leave. Getting myself to work every day has become a huge struggle.
Completed this week:
- Finally cleaned our home, definitely needed it
- All her clothes are washed and put away
- Made a list of things we still need to purchase for her
- Reorganized her closet by size
- Chose a pediatrician, yay, and signed up for their open house
- Started getting the diaper bag put together
- Scheduled a tour of Emerson's birthing center
- Ordered some cloth diapers (won on Ebay!)
- Things to complete:
- order glider cushions
- sign up for infant CPR class
- pick up Hubby's old toy chest from his parents
- pick up the changing table (for downstairs bath)
- paint dresser, glider and changing table
- finish growth chart
- finish family tree art work
- start gathering items for our hospital bag