Tuesday, May 7, 2013

30 Weeks (8-12 left!)



Baby Size: 
Cucumber
17" long  
3 lbs

Gender: 
Girl!

Knickname: 

Trying to use her full name more

Baby Changes: 

  • Her skin is smoothing out
  • Her brain is getting wrinklier to make way for all essential brain tissue
  • She's strong enough to grasp a finger now
  • She can open and close her eyes 
  • She's been sitting on my bladder the last couple of days

Weight Gain: 
no clue

Cravings: 
  • Fruit
  • Vegetables
  • Deserts

Aversions: 

Still none.

Showing:  

I waddle. Enough said.

Body Changes: 

I've noticed my patience is starting to wear, especially at work. I find myself giving stupid comments to stupid questions. (My apologies if you've felt the brunt of this.) My excitement levels have really increased now that we've had our shower.  Heartburn is in full force with certain foods. Fried clams are definitely a no go anymore. Our weekends have been so busy, that come Monday mornings, I'm beyond exhausted, and can barely function. I'm peeing more often now, and our little lady likes to hang out on my bladder which doesn't help. My appetite has been down the last couple of days, not sure why. I've been trying to walk during my lunch breaks as well, get things moving and keep me a little more active. I've also started having what I refer to as Pap Pain.

Worst Moment this Week: 

Waking up at 4:30am Sat night with heartburn and having trouble falling back to sleep. Needing tums at 4am is not fun.

Best Moment this Week: 

Our baby shower! Such a great day and feeling so blessed and loved by all our friends and family!

Looking Forward To: 
Getting all of her cute new clothes washed and hung up. Also dressing the crib with all her linens. (pictures soon, I promise)

Completed this week: 
  • Washed all burp cloths, wash cloths, and bedding
  • Hubby assembled everything from the baby shower, that needed assembling
  • I organized and sorted all of our gifts
  • We got everything put away in one day
  • Made a list of the remaining items we'll need to pick up (very short list thanks to everyone's generosity!)
  • Reorganized her closet
  • Things to complete: 
    • tour the birthing center at Emerson
    • order glider cushions
    • choose a pediatrician
    • sign up for infant CPR class
    • pick up Hubby's old toy chest from his parents
    • pick up the changing table (for downstairs bath)
    • paint dresser, glider and changing table
    • finish growth chart
    • finish family tree art work 
    • start gathering items for our hospital bag
Firsts: 
  • Baby shower, loved every moment!
  • Sharp pain when baby girl moved
  • Public cry, at the shower, thanking everyone
  • Being hypnotized using our Hypnobirthing class technique
  • Feeling confident in our decision to use Hypnobirthing

No comments:

Post a Comment