Tuesday, December 11, 2012

9 Weeks = Olive


hi Celia,

you're 9 weeks pregnant! 

Week 9


Baby's now the size of a green olive!

Your little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus-hood. Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart. With basic physical structures in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby is kind of starting to look like...well...a baby!





So Bean is now being referred to as Olive. Since the size change is pretty dramatic from the first time we've seen our little one, Olive just seems more suiting. There's so many big land marks coming up and currently happening, hubby and I both are pretty excited!


We're hoping this week we'll be able to hear Olive's heartbeat on the doppler a gracious friend has loaned us! (Thank you again!) Although it's still pretty early to be able to hear the little thumping, we're still going to give it a shot. I'm hoping hearing the heart will keep me from pulling the crazy pregnant lady card again, so we can see our baby.

Some big changes this week:
1. Baby has gone from being an embryo to a fetus!
2. The heart has gone from 2 chambers to 4!
3. Baby is almost an inch in size now!

I also just realized that I never really updated you all on my appointment with the nutritionist and the ultrasound. Unfortunately, the US tech was not the friendliest woman I've ever met. She seemed a little frustrated that I was there and started our appointment by coldly asking "So....why are you here?" (There's a thing called kindness lady!) I even explained that I'd miscarried before and she didn't seem to care that I had a drop in symptoms.

All ended well though as I saw and heard the heartbeat again. Along with the big change in baby's size! All looked well, and baby measured at 8 weeks, thankfully. I've continued to have no bouts of nausea lately, and  my energy seems to have picked up a bit. However my nose now picks up every scent and smell around me, my husband nicely pointed out. I've also been having a lot of pressure and growing it seems. Apparently my uterus is now the size of a tennis ball. Which you'd think would find a nice spot by pushing things over a little. Nope, it's basically sticking straight out. Pretty sure I need to start measuring my belly, because I feel like I've grown a few inches this week. Also having tons of flutters throughout the day.

The nutritionist was wonderful! Very sweet as we sat and went over a normal day's worth of meals for me. She even took notes on the shake I have every morning. I was right on for protein content and pretty much everything else. We had similar diets, so it was nice to chat with her. She gave some suggestions and conflicting opinions than RSC. She did however side with my OB on not eating tuna, and having salmon instead.

I'll give an update on me personally tomorrow, along with some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment