Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Monday Recap Day #6

I did far better yesterday, but still not perfect. We'll get there....eventually. Breakfast was my usual shake with a 1/2 scoop of vegan protein powder. I'm not a huge fan of it, the textures is a little too grainy for my taste, but protein is important so I sucked it up.

Morning Snack/Tea Time
I was actually not hungry around 10am, like I usually am. I know I stated awhile ago that I go through cycles. This is apparently the week of low to no appetite.


Hannaford's Salad Bar $6
I was good and opted for the salad bar again. They even had edamame yesterday and marinated mushrooms. Salads are always better with marinated mushrooms!

I did however break down and get a small bag of chips which I split with Hubby, so I truly only had one serving.

Cape Cod Reduced Fat

Dinner was late last night do to some much needed house cleaning and laundry folding. Pretty sure I had 5 loads to fold and another in the dryer. Sigh. I started cooking somewhere around 7:30, yet we didn't eat until 9pm. How did that happen?! None the less, the meal was delicious. 

This is where I fell off the wagon, just a bit. I had a left over pie crust (not homemade) lying in the fridge. I despise wasting food so I felt compelled to use it. I had picked up some jalapenos and vegan cream cheese to make jalapeno wontons, yet neglected to realize I was out of wonton wraps. Fail. So I rolled out the pie crust as thin as possible and made mini jalapeno pillows.

Ingredients. Onion was not photographed, he was shy last night.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Chop jalapenos up pretty small along with the onions.

Happy Jalapenos

Sprinkle 1 teaspoon chili powder and curry powder. Dash of salt and some black pepper. Add the cream cheese, whole container. Stir until mixed well. Cut pie crust into 5" x 3" rectangles. Scoop a tablespoon of mix onto the pie crust. Press edges together and roll up. You don't need to be too crazy about sealing them, just roll so the cream cheese doesn't leak too much out the sides. 

Bake for 15 mins until brown. Serve warm with Frank's Red Hot Sweet Chili for dipping. 

Those little tarts in the front are the jalapenos!

I also made a quinoa stir fry with onions, red & green peppers and carrots. Sauteed them in olive oil, then added the left over cream cheese and jalapeno mix with some soy sauce. Yum!!!

Quinoa Stir Fry

Washed it all down with some homemade iced green tea with organic honey. Cheers!









No comments:

Post a Comment