Thursday, May 3, 2012

Recap of Day #8

Breakfast was the same ole shake I always make in the am. Boring, I know. But it starts my day off right, even if certain things seem to creep there way in....

I managed to stick to my salad for lunch, but opted for Shaws today instead. I splurged and picked up their vegetarian dumplings from the sushi section as well. This gray, damp, rainy days has me yearning for heat, so something warm was necessary for lunch. I failed and purchased chips. They were however gluten free, but for some reason gave me heart burn. Boooo.

Shaws Salad Bar $3.50

Vegetarian Dumplings from Shaws

Gluten Free Chips
 When I got home from work, I was oddly tired and felt the yearning for my sofa. And a snack. Multigrain chips and some Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus seemed fitting.
I have a chip problem. That and hummus.
 Somewhere between vegging out on the sofa and heading to the gym, I felt the need to bake some cookies. Random, I know. But on occasion I get cravings. I thankfully had everything I needed for some Chocolate Chocolate Chip Coconut Pecan Cookies. (Yes I made those up.)
Cookie ingredients
 Don't they look yummy? I know, my camera phone isn't ideal, but it's so much easier to send photos to myself for the blog. One day I'll upgrade....one day.
Baking cookies.
Don't worry, cookies weren't my dinner. After a 60 mins workout at the gym, and some serious stretching (need to prepare for Bootcamp tonight), I wasn't in the mood to cook. So I made myself a dark chocolate berry protein shake. I even added the grainy protein powder and some how stomached it down. Then completed the day with two cookies and a cup of tea. 

*Even though I am failing miserably at being gluten free, I am reminding myself at every meal to think about how much I've consumed. If anything, this past week has kept me thinking about nutrition and what I am inhaling all day long. And having to post all of this for you (the world) to see, it's helped. So thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment