Friday, May 4, 2012

Recap of Day #9

Breakfast was yet again, you guessed it....a protein shake. Shocked? I did add a scoop of the protein powder, so it was pretty grainy. Snack was bad, very bad. I had my usual tea and honey. However I happened to have some left over chips from yesterday's lunch that I scoffed up. Only one serving. And then I continued to rummage through my desk drawer and found a small portion of Tings. Gluten and dairy free. Super light, and crunchy. Only had 1/2 to 1 serving. Oops.


Lunch, hmmm lunch. We decided this dreary rainy weather had gotten the best of us, and opted for a hot lunch instead of our usual salads. I just could not get warm yesterday, this definitely helped.

Mexican Wrap from Boston Bean House
Yummy. Their food is homemade, made fresh every time you order. The family that owns and runs the cafe is super sweet and always smiling. I love that.

I scooted home after work, quickly changed, and ran out the door to boot camp. So glad I did! Intense workout, pretty sure calories burned were between 800-1000. (Didn't feel so bad about the chips after that.) And I was able to withstand the intervals more so than usual, which means I'm showing improvements. Love that!

Dinner consisted of Eggplant Quinoa Salad, so delicious!!!! Sauteed the eggplant, 5 cloves of garlic in safflower oil until it started to breakdown. Added in 5 sliced mushrooms, 1/2 onion and some rosemary. Then 1/4 yellow and orange peppers to saute as well. 2 plum tomatoes and 1/2 cup of diced green onions. Let simmer and soften for about 15-20 mins. 


Cook the quinoa separately, then once the veggies are all cooked, dump in the quinoa and stir. Let simmer on low for 5 mins. The finished product is filled with so many flavors and is quite filling.


I sprinkled some Cabot (lactose free) Extra Sharp cheese that I had in the fridge. So good! I may have snuck in two of the cookies from yesterday after dinner. Shhh, don't tell.

What did you eat yesterday?


No comments:

Post a Comment