Tuesday, November 9, 2010

PUPO

I have been researching alot these last couple of days. Trying to find out what positive and negative signs to look for over the next week. Apparently it is a good thing that at 3pm every day I want to crawl into bed or run to hug the porcelain bowl. I began having cramps on Saturday but was afraid to acknowledge them. They feel very similar to menstrual cramps, but they are less intense and dissipate quickly. From what I have read, this is my uterus beginning to expand to make room for a baby.

It has been discouraging listening to other couple's stories. Many people we've spoken to, had to have two embryo transfers before they saw positive results. I have finally heard from a dear friend that her son and daughter in law were successful on their first try. Ever since the transfer, hubby and I have had a good feeling. We both waited to relay this to one another in fear of jinxing ourselves. However, I am still feeling positive and am hopeful that all these signs mean we will be successful first try.

I have been contemplating whether or not to divulge if the transfer has been successful on this blog. Many people are more reserved when it comes to this topic, I however feel it's important to share and be honest with friends and family. Knowing how many couples go through this as well, I am feeling more confident in my decision to share our journey. So you will be kept informed of the ups and downs of this process. We both strongly believe that sharing this with our friends and family has been the best decision. It has ensured us many prayers, thoughts and positive energy which has made all of the difference. For that, we thank you! We do ask that you continue to pray for us in hopes that we will be lucky enough to bare a child.

PS- I have also come to embrace a term I found yesterday: PUPO (Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise). Now whether they mean treat your body like it's pregnant, or in fact that you are pregnant, doesn't matter to me. I'm going to start referring to myself as a PUPO. :)

3 comments:

  1. I really like that term. It's so true. You should definitely treat your body like it's pregnant until you hear otherwise. 'Cause if you are pregnant, won't your little baby love being treated nicely?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic term and mindset Celia! Continuing to hold You, Chris & "the little one" in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete