Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Positive Approach to Infertility

As I get closer to my embryo transfer date, I'm reminded of a conversation with a dear friend. She was explaining to me a similar situation her friend and  spouse were going through. Although her friend's husband had a low sperm count and motility, she was able to conceive through infertility treatments, but was unable to stay pregnant. At this point, whether it be her anger at the situation or something else entirely, she began to blame her husband for their issues.

(I'm going to get on my soap box for a moment.)

Whether it is you or your spouse that has the infertility issue, it should not matter. No blame should ever be put on the other person. The bond of marriage should be strong enough that you know that this is YOUR problem, not either of you individually. Most likely, your spouse already feels bad enough that they are not able to conceive naturally. You are only adding more stress and heart ache to your marriage. Instead, comfort your spouse letting them know that you will get through this together. No matter what the circumstances are, you should be reassuring them that they had/have no control over the situation. That is the only way to face this, positively.

(Climbing down now.)

Just to follow up from yesterday, I spoke with the nurse regarding the nipple issue. Apparently it is completely normal to have this affect from the hormones that I have been "inserting" into myself the last couple of days. Although it's uncomfortable, I'm told it will pass. My left ovary is feeling pretty painful today, most likely from the rain. (barometric pressure?) I'm treating myself to 90 min slow walk on the treadmill, hot yoga and a warm bath tonight so that I will be nice and relaxed for tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck tomorrow!! Let me know what time! We'll be thinking about you! xoxox

    ReplyDelete