Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Peace

I feel like I need to make a correction to my last post:

It is difficult to be happy for people I don't know, it is far easier to be happy for friends and family who are expecting.

I had the pleasure of meeting the newest addition to our family on Sunday. Baby Hannah is absolutely beautiful! It's been a good year and a half since we've had a newborn in the family (for our family, that's a long time). It's amazing to see just how little they really are. Cute as a button and radiates heat when you hold her. (Which did not stop me from stealing her for a good hour to snuggle.)

As I'm holding this precious little girl in my arms, embracing the sweet powder smell, I am at peace. I'm not upset, emotional, hurt, nothing. Not one ounce of jealousy is raising through my head. I am calm, happy for my cousin and her family.

Baby Hannah has some how renewed my hopes and prepared me for the next round of IVF. I am going to continue to assume that the little lady has given us some luck.

A week from today I begin the second round of Lupron. Please continue to pray for us as we attempt this again.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear about your renewed hope! Good luck with you next round. Sounds like it is coming at a great time since you should be nice and relaxed after your anniversary get away. Best of luck to you both I will be thinking about you. And enjoy your time away together! Have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know all the love and support you get from your family and friends will get you through this trial. I'm thinking of you and sending you hopeful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete