Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pulling out of the funk

So yesterday I was fairly depressing and I apologize if I scared any of you. It's part of the infertility "fun" I guess. Some days are better than others, and there's times you think you may punch the next person who asks "So when are you going to have kids?" I've come to realize it's never a good time to ask that. Just keep your mouth shut and when they tell you their pregnant, be ecstatic.

Here's how I plan to pull myself out of this funk:

1. Eat better. Food affects your mood whether you believe it of not. It's back to vegetables, salads and soups. No more toast for breakfast, smoothies it is. Fruit for snacks and protein, veggie and grain for dinner.
Today's lunch. Yum.
2. Bikram Yoga: Granted you really shouldn't do hot yoga while pregnant, unless your body is used to it. So here's getting my body used to it again. Thank you Groupon. Attempting twice a week.
3. Longer Workouts:  I know what you're thinking: You really shouldn't be so harsh on your body if you're trying to get pregnant. Trust me, I'm not. 90+ mins of moderate intensity cardio burns fat. (Quick high intensity workouts burn carbs.) Twice a week, you'll find me at the gym, on the treadmill walking. 5 min per incline level, then taper off the last 15 mins. It worked before.
Before

4. Hike: I love hiking. I've been in my best shape when I hike. Overall, I just want to be more active on the weekends. Working out builds endorphins. Endorphins make you happy.

2011-08-27_10-44-45_152.jpg

What are your plans to be happier and healthier?


No comments:

Post a Comment