Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bikram, Salmon, Estrogen, Oh my!

I attended my bikram yoga class last night. I could not catch my breath. It was just one of those days. I was however able to get deeper into the poses and hold them for longer periods of time. The class I attend does two sets of the poses. I was only able to muster the strength to do one set each. Still a success though knowing I was able to hold the poses and stretch further into them. Note to self: don't sit down. Simply bend forward and let the blood rush to your head. Much easier than trying to stand after sitting.


As most of you know, I love to cook. Seeing as I'm in this funk, cooking helps me to relax and enjoy the little things. So after yoga, I headed home. I Like creating a meal I've never made before. I like experimenting. Somethings I discover amazing things, sometimes not so much. Thankfully last night was a huge success. Having gone from vegan to vegetarian (sort of, I still eat fish) after over a year of strict vegan, creating recipes has not been so easy. But I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. 


This past weekend we went apple picking at Nashoba Valley Winery. Yes, they have an orchard as well. (And they offer picnic lunches which was delicious by the way.) I did limit my wine consumption to one glass of their Cranberry Apple Wine. (It was lovely.) Just in case for some odd reason I'm actually pregnant. (Don't get excited.) So back to the apples. I'm not a fan of macintosh so we scarfed up the courtlands. Having a bag of apples, salmon and farm fresh veggies, I created this:
BBQ Apple Salmon, Fingerling Potatoes and Green Beans

Last night's masterpiece consisted of two pieces of salmon coated in chopped apples, onions, garlic, salt, pepper, honey bbq sauce, and Texas Pete's Sweet & Spicy. Amazingly delicious. Just enough flavor without over powering the salmon. Simply bake for 20 mins on 425 degrees, then 5 min broil.The roasted fingerling potatoes were coated in extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, salt and pepper. Cooked same temp and time as salmon. The green beans (to die for) were done in a frying pan. T of coconut oil, garlic, chopped onion, salt and pepper. Fill the pain with about 1/2" of water, bring to boil and throw everything in. Let water evaporate, bring temp down to low. 

All in all: successful dinner. However, the goat cheese brie and raspberry bites did not like to be bake. Apparently frying is the only way they are happy. Attempt #2 tonight.

While enjoying my lunch today, Dr. C's office phoned, following up on my blood draw from Saturday. Numbers are fabulous! Apparently the letrozole is helping keep my estrogen levels where they should be. Truly the test was to check my progesterone levels as well. He wanted to see if I would need a replacement supplement for insufficient levels. Not necessary! One less pill to take, thank goodness!

Now we wait. To be pregnant.

PS- Oddly enough, while typing this post, specifically the part about not drinking too much, Hallelujah just came on. Hmmmm, maybe September will be our month.

No comments:

Post a Comment