Thursday, September 22, 2011

Is it my turn yet?

Life seems to have picked up speed yet again. Every time I turn around, it's Monday. The week flies with work keeping me forever on my toes. The weekends are a flash. Yet every day, I am reminded I'm not pregnant. Whether it's the daily announcements of friends or acquaintances pregnancies, kids photos, or the single line on my pee sticks, all of them seem to be wearing me down. The hardest part now, is watching my husband know how ready he is to be a dad.


We spent this past Saturday with my nephews. The oldest is 4 1/2 and the youngest is almost 3. So what do you do with them all day? Not being a mom but having plenty of babysitting experience, I decided to run them ragged all day. Starting with a trip to a local farm. 
Complete with a corn maze




125 ft slide

Pigs, cows, buffalo, horses, llamas, goats, duck races and pony rides. 
They had such a great time, they actually lasted 2 hours. 


We hustled them into the car and headed to Sal's for some pizza. Which conveniently was attached to an arcade. 


We ate lunch and played some games. Another two hours later, we headed up to the beach to hit up the playground. However one of the little munchkins fell asleep on our way up.


After they got sick of the swings
We went for a walk on the beach.

All in all, we had a great day with them. My husband was pretty nervous about being responsible for two little guys all day. However, by the end of the day, with both boys passed out in the back seat, we both realized just how ready we are for our own kids. It just feels right. 

Maybe this month......


No comments:

Post a Comment