Wednesday, March 27, 2013

24 Weeks


Baby Size: 
Cantaloupe
10.5 to 11.8" long  
12.7-20.8 oz

Gender: 
Girl!

Knickname: 

We've been calling her by her nickname :) 

Baby Changes: 

  • Her see-through skin is becoming more opaque
  • And it has a pink glow, thanks to small capillaries forming

Weight Gain: 
+7lbs, total gain so far of 12 lbs. Big jump this month, didn't help that I hurt my back and haven't really been able to do any physical activity. Hoping to get back to walking 5 days a week with some light weights.

Cravings: 

  • Still craving sweets, mostly chocolate
  • Vegetables
  • Fruit

Aversions: 

Still none.

Showing:  

Yes! Now getting the bolder questions of when we're due, do we know what we're having, and have we decided on a name.

Body Changes: 

I somehow got either bronchitis or a really bad chest cold. (Getting sick during pregnancy should not be allowed.) Baby girl is apparently pressing down on my bladder, which did not help every time I coughed. (Use your imagination.) Between my back being in bad shape and getting sick, I have not worked out at all. Which I'm guessing contributed to the large weight gain this month. I have felt some muscle cramps in my stomach as it continues to stretch, and the skin is starting to get itchy. 

Worst Moment this Week: 

Getting sick. Coughing all night. Not sleeping. Labored breathing. All are a very bad combination.

Best Moment this Week: 

Picking up the baby products on Sat from our friend! Everything is in perfect shape, and we are so happy to have such great people supporting us. Also met up with some friends for a birthday dinner and movie. So great seeing everyone!

Looking Forward To: 
Feeling better, and this illness leaving. Which will hopefully allow me to be more active again.

Completed this week: 
  • Picked up the car seat, used, but looks brand new
  • Made the art work for her nursery (pictures soon)
  • Picked up the stroller, and rock n play
Firsts: 
  • Illness, antibiotics and all
  • Panic at the number on the scale
  • Foot rub from hubby

No comments:

Post a Comment