Friday, March 22, 2013

23 Weeks



Baby Size: 
Grapefruit
10.5 to 11.8" long  
12.7-20.8 oz

Gender: 
Girl!

Knickname: 

We've been calling her by her nickname :) 

Baby Changes: 

  • She's forming little nipples
  • Her face is fully formed, just needs a little extra fat to fill it up
  • She can now hear our voices and my heartbeat

Weight Gain: 
We'll find out at Monday's appointment.

Cravings: 

  • Sweets, pretty much anything chocolate (only once a day)
  • Especially Chocolate pudding
  • Apple juice

Aversions: 

Still none.

Showing:  

Had my first random person ask when I was due, so yes, I believe I'm showing.

Body Changes: 

My ankles have gone to occasionally swollen, to daily swollen. Along with some purple lining at the base. Legs are definitely swollen as well, some of my riding boots are not zipping so well. Sigh. Belly feels heavier and keeps straining my back. Noticed a little redness in my face as well. Linear Nigra is very much apparent now, and pretty sure my belly button will pop any moment.

Worst Moment this Week: 

Attempted to clean our entire place on Sat. Spent a full 5 hours organizing and cleaning with Hubby. Then I felt broken the rest of the weekend. Not so fun.

Best Moment this Week: 

Brought our nephew's to the Harlem Globetrotters game in Worcester. We had a great time, and it was quite interesting to be responsible for 2 little men for most of the day. (Looking forward to our own family events one day.)

Looking Forward To: 
Picking up some more baby items from a friend of a friend who graciously offered them to us. Car seat and base, Rock N Play, some clothes and a stroller. Love how generous people are :)

Completed this week: 
  • Spent 5 hours on Sat cleaning the house, nesting much?
  • Cleaned out her closet which now only has her things in them
  • Found some nursery art I'm going to make myself
Firsts: 
  • Exhaustion from normal activity, cleaning 3/16/13
  • Panic at the thought she's going to be here in about 4 months
  • Sharp pain on the right side of my belly, Braxton Hicks?
  • Movements from hearing her Daddy's voice

2 comments: