Sunday, March 10, 2013

21 Weeks

Can you tell how tired I am?

Baby Size: 
Pomegranate
10.5" long  (now measured head to toe)
12.7 oz, getting close to a pound!

Gender: 
Girl! And so very excited to have a daughter!

Knickname: 

We've been calling her by her nickname :) and trying to call her by her full name too.

Baby Changes: 

  • As her digestive system preps for the outside world, she's manufacturing meconium -- the tarry black substance you'll find in her first dirty diaper (ew)!
  • She's already got a lifetime's supply of eggs in her womb -- about six million of them!
  • She has officially learned how to punch, kick and elbow me, especially when she feels cramped. Like when I lean over for too long. 
  • Starting to feel her kicks more on the outside now too. Hubby has felt her almost every day moving around.

Weight Gain: 
Not sure, but definitely feeling larger. sigh. Getting at least 2-3 gym workouts in a week, and trying to be more active on the weekends.

Cravings: 

Still none to speak of. I've been really lucky so far. On occasion I'll crave something sweet, which I've been combating with fruit.

Aversions: 

Still none.

Showing:  

Yes, feeling like I double in size every week now!

Body Changes: 

Let me begin by saying I have been super lucky. I've heard so many crazy stories, and know I should be thrilled at how smoothly things have gone thus far. However, there are a few things happening that are starting to bug me. My lower back has started to get really sore. And we have the start of kankles! Water retention has begun and my legs and ankles are totally feeling it, (to the point where my riding boots are tight to zip). I'm also still getting purple legs with white spots now and then. Headaches are happening more often as well. I did try to ween myself off the Colace every day. That didn't work. So we're back to one dose a day. Sleep has not been great this week either. She seems to wake up around 2am, 5am, and 7am. Fun. 

Worst Moment this Week: 

Walking around Boston on Saturday in wedge boots was an awful idea. My lower back was freaking out and I was totally spent by 9pm, never mind the foot cramps.

Best Moment this Week: 

Finished painting her room on Sunday. 3 hours total, not too bad for being preggers. So happy with how it's all coming together!

Looking Forward To: 
My chiro adjustment on Friday morning! Definitely in need this week.

Completed this week: 
  • Painted the nursery
  • Arranged all the furniture in the nursery
  • Purchased 2 more pairs of maternity jeans, on super sale yay!
  • 2 physical activities over the weekend: Boston & painting

No comments:

Post a Comment