Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Anatomy Scan & A Request

There's something about blogging that completely strips you of your privacy. Oh yeah, it's telling the world your thoughts. And at some points, that gets challenging. Mostly because the things you say, can severely insult someone else. Or your words can be taken a different way.

Why do I preface with that? Because I was asked today when our anatomy scan is. And my automatic reaction was "Next week, but we'll be telling family and close friends first." Which to most of you, and I'm sure it was to her as well, can feel like a huge slap in the face. After all, so many of you have been reading this blog for over 2 years, and have laughed, cried and screamed right along with me. And I'm sure, like us, you're dying to know if it's a boy or a girl held up in my belly at the moment.

So I'd like to explain something, if you'll let me.

I chose to publicly display our struggle to conceive. Mostly because I felt so alone when we started our journey, and I didn't want anyone I knew to feel the same. If you're anything like me, your family reproduces like rabbits. (I kid you not.) So when we started our journey, I had a very small amount of people around me who could sympathize. I began writing so that my family, friends, and anyone else who needed it, would know what we were going through. And so that I didn't have to tell the same heartbreaking story over and over again.

I would not change my decision to do so.


However, there are moments and milestones, that are sacred. Things that you kind of have to share, and want to share with your parents, siblings, best friends, family, and anyone else really close to you, first. One of those milestones for us, is knowing if we'll be welcoming a son or daughter in July. So although our anatomy scan is on Valentine's Day (not planned, or requested), I will be waiting a short time after to fill you all in. I hope you can understand our desire to tell our parents and siblings first. Because I'm guessing you probably felt the same way when your time came. (Am I wrong in guessing that?)

So what am I asking? Nothing really. Just wanted you all to be informed, and not left out. And I guess I hoped that although you are on this long ass journey right beside us, that you won't be insulted if I wait a day or 2 to clue you all in. Sound good? I sure hope so.

Thanks again for always being there, and supporting, giving words of encouragement, and being so invested in our journey. It means more to us than you will ever know! And as always, we so greatly appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment