Thursday, February 21, 2013

Nursery Inspiration

The only problem with finding out we are welcoming a daughter, is that all the nursery sets I liked, were very masculine. I'm not a girly-girly when I decorate, and didn't want anything that would make the room look like Pepto Bismol threw up all over the place. I in no way, expected this would be our colors for our little girl. But for some reason, I really like it, and think it works.

My idea all along was to have more of a "woodsy" theme. Hubby and I love to hike, and I'm kind of a nut for animals, especially woodlen creatures and barnyard grazers. So I wanted to try to mix that in somehow, without it looking to much like a boy lived there. I also wanted to keep it kind of modern. 

I stumbled upon Pottery Barn Kid's Georgia Nursery set, and thought "This might work!" So I started playing around, and here's what I've come up with. Light gray, yellow, white and baby blue. It's more gender neutral, which is fine with me, because we hope to be blessed with more kid(s). So hopefully this will work for boy or girl. It's feminine enough without making it all pink and purple. Which don't get me wrong, can be lovely. It's just not me.

Wall Color: Yarmouth Blue, Benjamin Moore Historic Colors
1. Color Scheme: White, Blue, Yellow, Gray
2. Letter Cards-Amazon
3. Adventurers Sign-Image from online, Photoshop'd
4. Owl Sign-Image from online, Photoshop'd
5. Free Dutalier Glider- painting it white, getting new cushions
6. Bedding- Georgia Pottery Barn Kids
7. National Parks Sign-Image from online, Photoshop'd to match color scheme
8. Hand-me-down Crib- Natural wood finish
9. Vintage Alarm Clock- LL Bean
10. Parent Sign- Etsy
11. Lamp-Shades of Light (something similar, hope to find at Home Goods)
12. My Old Dresser- painting white, adding numbers
13. White Ruggle Drapes- Amazon
14. Rug-Pottery Barn

Part of the reason for the light blue walls, is that we have natural wood crib and changing table, so yellow just won't work. And I tend to paint every room in our house green and I hate white walls. (Hubby suggested something other than green in the nursery.) I'm hoping the yellow and gray will work with the natural wood, otherwise, I may be painting our crib and changing table white. Shhh.....don't tell hubby. Hopefully it won't be needed, but it's always an option.

I'll take photos along the way so you can see the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment