Monday, January 7, 2013

Sleep, Food & Fitness

Sleep/Energy

On the verge of 13 weeks, I assumed my energy would be back. My stomach would be not so queasy. Food wouldn't bother me. I was wrong. Last week my energy was definitely back, and I felt so much more alive. Then Sunday hit. The lack of a good night's sleep, waking at 7am, just did not seem to work for me. I ended up napping around 1pm, after prepping the food for our last holiday party. Only was able to sneak in about an hour, and definitely felt like I could sleep the rest of the day away.

I was hoping today would be different, but the sleeping issue has continued. Although I am getting plenty of sleep at night, I am waking up around 6 am feeling very restless. Tossing and turning for an hour, trying to get comfortable. That extra hour I usually desperately need, has left me completely exhausted by the afternoon. The mornings are mostly fine. It's some time after lunch I begin to severely crash. It's moments like these I wish I worked from home, or only worked part time.

I am really hoping the second trimester will help bring back some of these things I really need. Like sleep. I see a body pillow investment in my near future....

Food

I've also not had any energy to cook at night. I usually get home from work around 5:30-6 and curl up on the sofa with my favorite fleece blanket. Not wanting to move, for anything. So thankfully Hubby did a little research, and found a local company that offers home delivery for precooked meals. Most are vegan, vegetarian and or gluten free. And seeing as we've been eating a lot of take out, we figured why not give it a shot. The price wasn't bad, and equaled a little less than we spend each week at the grocery store for the same amount of food. Let's just hope it tastes good! I'll let you know how it goes.

Fitness

This week I am hoping to get back to the gym, for at least 2 or 3 nights. Slowly progress back into a normal low impact routine to help keep weight gain at bay and my muscles tone and strong. Because let's face it, you need them in child birth. Also hoping to find a prenatal yoga class near by. The only one I've found is at 4pm on Sundays. And this is such a lame excuse, but that's Patriots time. I wish I didn't like football so much...


13 Weeks tomorrow! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment