Thursday, January 3, 2013

12 Weeks!

12 Weeks 2 Days


Baby Size: Plum, 2.1", .49oz

Knickname: Jumping Bean, the kid was seriously jumping during the ultrasound scan. It looked a little something like this.

Baby Changes: 

  • Most of her critical systems are fully formed!
  • She's about to enter the growth and maturation stage, in which her organs and tissues will grow and develop rapidly.
  • She's now developing her reflexes -- if you poke her body, she'll likely move. (She/He did!)
  • She's opening and closing her fingers and curling her toes, too.
  • Her brain is developing fast!

Weight Gain: -3lbs since week 8! Yay!

Cravings: None to speak of.

Aversions: None to speak of.

Showing:  Oh yeah! Belly is definitely sticking out.

Body Changes: Besides my pot belly, my skin has been super dry. I've also been feeling a lot of stretching and flutters, which is mostly likely the little one doing jumping jacks. My body is also looking like a road map. At acupuncture yesterday, one of the needles fell out of my forehead, and I was dripping blood down my face. Glad no other patients saw it. Increased blood is definitely happening. I've also been having some major headaches, that have thankfully subsided today.

Worst Moment this Week: It's been a good week. Actually made it to midnight on New Years, however I did sneak in a nap from 7:30-9. Just waiting on the bloodwork to check on the baby's health. We should know sometime next week. Neck measurements were right on schedule though, so that's helped to ease some fear.

Best Moment this Week: Finally seeing our little one's profile. Still in awe that there's a small person growing inside of me. And that they can already jump around. And of course watching my husband's face during the ultrasound. He's one proud Daddy!



Looking Forward To: The next few weeks. Next ultrasound isn't until Feb, but our next check up is at the end of the month, at 16 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment