Monday, May 9, 2011

You Can Fit A Baby In A MINI, right?

Now most of you will probably think I've lost my marbles, maybe I have. But the lack of success in the baby making department has left me feeling sporatic and pretty grateful for all the other blessings in my life. The lack of responsibility for another human being kind of feels nice right now. (That probably sounded really selfish.)  I've been able to meet friends for drinks (thank goodness), shop (very therapeutic if you ask me) and I've been able to purchase a fun little summer car. Yup, the girl who's dying to get pregnant, bought a MINI Cooper Convertible. What can I say, I'm enjoying life. After months of heart attack and far too many losses to experience in six months, I said f*ck it and bought myself a treat. You can fit a baby in a MINI, right?!


Yesterday was easier to get through than I thought it would be. I kept myself busy by hosting a Mother's Day cookout for our Moms and my sister. Between food shopping, prepping and hosting, my day was exhausting. But the sole feeling I embraced all day, is that some day, someone will be doing this for me. Now whether "our time" comes sooner or later, I must say, I'm pretty content with my life right now. I am a true believer in everything happens for a reason. (Sometimes easier to embrace than other times.) But I'm starting to feel like things are coming together. I was able to find a full time job, which I'm enjoying. Hubby and I have seen an increase in finances, which will hopefully increase again in the next month. We've done alot of talking and figuring out where we are in our lives, and where we want to be. All in all, I'm happy. And I think that says alot.

4 comments:

  1. Thats fantastic Celia. Definitely cherish this time that you have, not being responsible for someone else, because, although its wonderful, your life is not yours anymore, and will never be the same. The drinks with friends go away, alot of your friends without kids becocme more distant, and you end up shopping for your little one and letting yourself go by the wayside.

    This WILL happen for you. One way or another, it will. But im so glad to see that you are enjoying the journey to get there, and really taking advantage of opportunities. I wish you all the best! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are going well! Enjoy the time while you have it, your day will come to be responsible for another. And once it does, you will have little time for yourself. So enjoy it while you have it!! Happy for you!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen a child seat in a Mini before and to be honest, my concern was that since the child seat is in the back, and the back seat of the Mini is so close to the back of the vehicle,I wondered how safe the baby would be if you were to get rear-ended. But hey, when we had Hannah I was driving my Tacoma extended cab and we had to get rid of it because you are never, never, never, supposed to put a child seat in the extended cab. I miss my truck, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Enjoy the new car, and if it doesn't work for babies, then you'll make the change. No big deal. I admit, I am very jealous, because I've always wanted a convertible and the Minis look super-fun! You will have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can totally keep the Mini after baby! My husband and I are keeping our Z4 convertible for date nights and using the Volvo station wagon for baby transport.

    ReplyDelete