Monday, October 25, 2010

Dizzy

Friday afternoon I left work around 2pm, and headed for the grocery store. I had a couple last minute items to pick up before hosting our monthly girl's night. I ran through the store like a crazy person trying to find my last minute ingredients and booked it home. I pulled into the driveway around 3:30 and began prepping all the food. The girls arrived around 4pm and we quickly gathered in the kitchen and began making dinner.

This also happened to be the first night I was to begin the GonalF injections. Ironically, the friend who first administered my Lupron shot was over again for yet another first. This shot is a little more intense than the Lupron. I must say, doctor's are pretty trusting of patients these days. The Lupron injections are filled and stabbed by yours truly. The GonalF is an injectable pen that has a certain amount of the medication already enclosed. However, I am responsible for cleaning and applying the needle. I then select the dosage the doctor has prescribed, and jab myself. Thankfully, it wasn't too hard to get used to. Although I am now sticking myself twice instead of once.

Saturday was a breeze, I hardly felt any side affects. I did notice I was having trouble falling asleep though. Sunday, we were driving up to a family christening and about half way into the ride, my stomach began to curl. I started getting dizzy and a little nauseous. I was assuming it was from the lack of sleep all weekend, but it didn't pass. We arrived at the church, and I was in need of sitting. When I tried to stand, I would become dizzy again. So I took it easy, and just listened to my body. We did make it to the party after, but only for about 2 hours. My stomach was still upset, and I could feel my lower region was swollen.

This morning I woke up to the same pain and cramping in my lower abdomen. Thankfully I had a physical scheduled at 10am. (Be advised, you need to have a physical within a year of having any egg retrieval procedures done. They need to have confirmation that your heart and lungs have been checked prior to anesthesia.) So this morning I was treated to the works: pap, breast exam, lung check, heart check, ending with a tetanus shot, which my arm is terribly sore from. Which means probably no yoga for me tonight because my arm and shoulder are super tender. Tomorrow morning is my first follow up to see how the GonalF is working. Until then....

I would like to state one thing that alot of people have been asking me about. I did mention to my doctor today that I eat vegan. Her words were : "Wow, that's great! Good for you!" She did continue to ask if my diet included an assortment of vitamins and minerals, and I assured her it did. So people, as long as you are aware of the things your body needs, it is perfectly fine to follow a vegan diet, even when trying to conceive.

2 comments:

  1. It amazes me that so many people are willing to go through so much to have a baby. I truly believe it will be well worth all your efforts when you're holding your sweet little darling in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better today! Very proud of how well you are handling everything and how strong you are. You and Chris are great together, I love to see you both so happy together, even when life is rough. Love you both! xoxox

    ReplyDelete