Monday, November 21, 2011

Truly Relaxing Vacation

I abandoned you all for a week long getaway in Vermont. My apologies. Actually I'm not sorry one bit. It had been 9 months since our last week off together, and it was very much needed. Surprisingly, it was oddly warm for November in Vermont. The weather held at the low 50's most of the week with a drop in temps Friday that brought on a beautiful snow shower. Just enough to melt by morning. Thank heavens since we failed to put the snow tires on before we left.

So what did I do all week?
We hiked through the Trapp family's property, back up to the chapel in the woods. 
We ate out a lot.
We took a drive through Smuggler's Notch, the most narrowest road, if you can even call it that.
And then we hiked some more.
We met a ladybug I named Andrew. Found him in the kitchen, put him outside. 
The next day hubby found him crawling around on the rug.
And we successfully completed a mindless puzzle.

All in all, it was an uneventful week and by far one of the best all year. I was able to focus on my health and tried to reclaim my mental stability. I planned to practice yoga every morning, which turned into one class and a couple private sessions instructing me, hubby, and his parents. Amazingly, I started running again. I am not a runner. I've always wanted to be a runner, but never thought I was capable. After two days I was up to 3 miles in 30 mins which I plan to continue starting tonight. Followed up the workouts by lounging in the sauna and hot tub. Even managed to complete some laps with hubby in the pool.

Hubby and I have had several discussions on what to do next. We have an appointment with Dr. C tomorrow afternoon to meet and discuss progress lack of progress thus far. We plan on sharing these decisions with Dr. C. I have prayed and prayed that this month would be the month. And to be honest, I thought it might be. But I'm convinced I have an ovarian cyst again that began last month and possibly stuck around until now. Otherwise, I may be sprouting them each month with the drop in estrogen caused by the Letrozole. Whatever it may be, I'm fairly convinced conceiving naturally just might not be in our cards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment