Monday, February 28, 2011

Decisions, decisions

On Friday, I drove myself to Lexington for the sonohysterogram. Wednesdays appointment had been moved because for some reason, Aunt Flo decided she wasn't ready to leave. The appointment was quick, much faster than I anticipated. They began with an internal ultrasound just to do a quick peak. Then the nurse practitioner came in. They basically insert a catheter into your uterus and blow up a balloon filled with water. (Which I would like to add, is very painful!) Then they release the balloon and the water. The procedure is done to ensure there are not any abnormalities in the uterus. After about 30 seconds they concluded that everything looks good, no abnormalities.

Saturday, I spent the day shopping for a dress for a black tie wedding. I have never been to a black tie affair, so I made the bride come with me to look. After 6 long hours of shopping and not having any luck, my phone rings as I'm about to leave. The NaProTechnology doctor was phoning to discuss the email I had sent. I had about an hour drive, so I asked that he phone back in 10 mins. We spoke for about 30 mins, going through my medical history and all the issues we've had conceiving. Amazingly, he sounds pretty optimistic that he can help. However, this poses a new problem. We are to start our new IVF cycle in about three weeks, but the NaPro doctor won't be able to see us for about 3 weeks.

During our conversation, he had the same feelings I do: that there's probably something wrong with my cycle. We both agreed that there must be something going on with me that the IVF doctors are missing. He's concerned that I could possibly have endometriosis. (Not the first time I've heard that.) This can cause numerous issues when trying to conceive. He also thinks that these issues with my system are the reason we weren't able to conceive naturally and possibly the reason for the miscarriage. All in all, the conversation went really well. He was in no way trying to pressure me to into seeing him, he seems honest and genuine.

Hubby and I spoke last night and we're pretty sure that we'll be seeing the NaPro doctor before we attempt another round of IVF. It seems silly to start another round while feeling like something else is going on. I don't want to put off the chances of getting pregnant, but I don't want to jeopardize using another embryo is there's underlying concerns. Here's to hoping we are making the right decision.

1 comment:

  1. I'm probably biased, but I think you are making the right decision. At the very least, you'll find out what is going on with your body. I'm really hoping Dr. C can help.

    ReplyDelete