Thursday, December 16, 2010

8 Weeks

Tuesday was the big day to meet our new OB. Which to my amazement, went astonishingly well. I had gone on Emerson Hospital's website and just picked the doctor's on their site that had an office in Harvard. It could not be a more perfect match!

Being the neurotic person that I am, I went in with a list of questions, which my husband laughed at me for. However, it allowed me to remember everything that is important to us and what type of care we would like. There is one male doctor in the practice and the other two are female. Hoping to first see a female, I was a little let down to be meeting with the male. But, he was wonderful. Very open to all of our thoughts and ideas about birth. All the doctor's in the practice are young, under early forties. Which in my eyes is a good thing. They are more open to new practices and styles. I only waited in the waiting room for 5 mins, and the consult was an hour long. He was even kind of relieved to hear that I am vegan and work out often. He shared some personal stories about his family. He asked if we wanted to know the sex, and of course quickly responded "YES". So he allowed us to schedule our ultrasound at 16 weeks. (Hopefully the little one will cooperate.)

This morning, I woke up with some pretty bad cramps. Almost like the start of my period cramps. Hubby, of course, is away for work. So I was left home alone panicking on whether or not I should be concerned. Finally got a hold of him after about an hour and a half. I ended up calling the doctor's office just to be safe. I wasn't having any spotting, so that made me feel a little better, but I was still worried. They said cramping at 9 weeks is very normal and to call if they get worse, or if I start to bleed. Thankfully they passed pretty quickly. I'm just feeling uncomfortable, that's the best way to describe it. I'm starting to get the "crawling out of my skin" feeling again. Praying it doesn't last long, I'd like to go back to not really feeling much of anything. Please and thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that things seem to be going well. I know the cramping is scary, but never hesitate to call the doctor is you're worried about anything. that's what they're there for! Happy Christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete