Friday, February 24, 2012

Docs, Food, 5am Workouts

My life revolves around doctors appointments, to the point where my boss rolls his eyes when I say I have another one. (Not in anger, more in sympathy.) This one is however unrelated to fertility. I can't remember the last time I had a day free of nose running. That may sound silly to some people, but literally my nose runs all day, every day, for any and all reasons. Over that past two weeks two other things have started as well. About once a week, about an hour or two after lunch, my face feels like it's on fire. My whole body temp raises, and peaks for about an hour. On top of that, the last two weeks I've been lightheaded and dizzy, which has slowly escalated every day. To the point where on Tuesday, I was sitting at my desk when the room started to spin. Literally spin. I thought I was going down. I didn't have tunnel vision and my ears didn't start ringing, but I was close to passing out.

I called Dr. C's office today to see if this has anything to do with the pycnogenol or peroxicam. He seems to think not. Instead he believes I either have a chronic sinus infection and or debris in my ears. Awesome. Now what? He recommended contacting an Ear, Nose & Throat doctor, which I did. But because I have an HMO, I need a referral from my PCP. So I call his office, he wants to see me before he'll refer. Great. Another appointment, tomorrow morning and possibly another one next week. In the meantime, the world is fuzzy.

Good news? I have been getting my ass up at the crack of dawn, 5am, and heading to the gym. Yup, I'm doing it. I'm not happy about it, but I'm doing it. I fall asleep around 9pm (yes I'm an old lady now), and waking up at 5, throwing on some clothes, wash face, brush teeth, out the door. I must admit, I feel great. Not because I'm working out, necessarily. More so that my appetite has increased. For the longest time, I've had no appetite, I've simply eaten because I know I need to. Which in turn has caused my stomach to not realize when it's full, thus the weight gain. So now that my AM's are filled with 30mins of cardio and or weights, I'm starving by 7:30. I highly recommend for anyone who is remotely tired during the day, or can't find the time to work out, get up early! It's the best way to start your day. I'm happier, I eat better, and I'm no longer dragging through my day. (I won't lie tho, turning off the alarm is tempting every morning. 90 days to create a habit, right?)

And for those of you looking for food suggestions. Here's what my day consists of:

Morning Shake: makes 2 large shakes, or share with up to 4 kids, trust me they'll love it
1 banana
1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
1 large kale leaf
2 T hemp protein powder
1 cup Green Goodness by Bolthouse Farms
1 cup POM juice
1 1/2 cups Coconut Milk Unsweetened

Snack: something small around 10-10:30
Coconut Milk Yogurt


Lunch: 12:30
Homemade Vegan Chili, 1 cup
Garden Salad, medium sized with tons of veggies
Kettle chips, I can't give up chips. (They're my one indulgent now.)

Snack: 3pm
Apple

Dinner: depends on when hubby gets home, usually around 8:30
last night I made iron skillet whole wheat pizza, yes with real cheese, Cabot has several that are lactose free, I indulge in that when I need it, tomatoes, onions and peppers on top, with Newman's Organic tomato sauce. It's to die for!

Beverages throughout the day:
Water with lemon
Tea, caffeine free, loving Traditional Medicinals Eater's Digest, no sweetener

I am currently attempting to cut out sugar. I can feel I'm addicted to it once again. Instead, I eat chips. At least they are made from potatoes, so that's considered a vegetable, right? Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment