Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Right Mind

I had heard from several friends that struggled to get pregnant, that after they started seeing a chiropractor, they were able to conceive. (Oh the things we'll believe.) Well this months been unsuccessful, but not from lack of trying. Ha ha. I finally got to see my wonderful chiropractor after a month. The first thing I'm asked "How's your stress level?" Funny you should ask, I'm not pregnant, I'm doing 2 full time jobs at once, I'm solely responsible for the launch of our E-Commerce site and the redesign of the company's websites. Stress?! What stress?! I don't think I'm stressed.


So what does stress really do to us? A question I'm forever trying to understand. For someone who's aware of their body and the sensitivity that possess it, I'm starting to see first hand how it's affecting me. I've gained 10lbs in 3 months. Seriously?! Where the f*ck did that come from? Yes, I had a surgery and was sitting on my ass for a month, but 10lbs, really?! Granted, my eating habits have not been stellar lately either. All my weight seems to accumulate around my stomach, ass and thighs. I know, common for women. But it puts a serious damper on wearing skirts. Chub rub has now become my new best friend. 
My next investment and potential new best friend. 
Where have you been all my life?!


My serious lack of motivation has been holding me back from returning to the gym. Ah, the dreaded gym. I can't figure out what I want to do with my time. For two days I was dead set on joining a CrossFit class about a mile from my house, but that started to sound like too much work. And the idea of heavy lifting and aggressive movements while trying to get pregnant seemed like I'd just be adding more stress. So then I visited the gym across the street. Eh, same old boring machines. What to do, what to do..... I miss yoga. I truly felt my happiest and healthiest when I was practicing yoga. But the closest place is really pricey and the one 25 mins away of course is the one half the price. 
Hopefully me soon.




So hubby came up with the idea that he was going to help motivate me. Such a sweetie that hubby. So he found the P90x DVDs and insisted we start doing them together before work. Thus helping my endorphins build in the am as recommended by Dr.C. So last night we found the schedule and set our alarms for 5:15am. (yuck)  For those of you who know me, I tend to fall asleep around 9 or 10pm. To my surprise, I crawled into bed at 11 and was wide awake. Tried to read...no help. Tried to read a boring book...no help. Eyes finally closed at 11:45. Opened at 2:15. Closed at 2:30. Opened at 4. Closed at 4:30. At this point I said f*ck it, turned off my alarm. Continued to wake up at 5, 5:30, 6, 6:45. Worst night sleep. Awesome. For two nights in a row, I have slept like crap. 


So now I'm really motivated to start working out. I sleep so much better when I've put in a good workout. And that doesn't mean I have to sweat my ass off or lift crazy amounts of weights. 30-60 mins of cardio or any type of movement makes a huge difference in my sleeping pattern. Those 30-60 mins allow me to clear my head, work out my stress and feel human again. Something I've been lacking. Now recommended by Dr. C and my chiro, I need to be of right mind. They suggested a vacation, and trust me, I'm working on that. But for the time being, I'm going to workout, I'm going to eat more vegetables, and I'm going to stop letting work stress me out. Three simple things that will hopefully make a huge difference.


PS- Netflix on demand has a couple great National Geographic programs I just watched yesterday (while sitting on my fat ass not working out). I highly recommend them. The stress one was very informative. 
National Geographic: Stress: Portrait of a KillerNational Geographic: Incredible Human MachineNational Geographic: Appalachian Trail




Other goals: cook more while listening to music. 
One of the only things that takes my mind off everything else.



No comments:

Post a Comment