Friday, January 14, 2011

Due Date

Searching through my phone today, which I use as my calendar, I came across something I had forgotten to delete. My due date. I was looking for our family's annual Vermont Cookout held in July and there it was, staring back at me as plain as day. Hadn't even realized what it was until I clicked on it. I had deleted all the upcoming appointments that were made, but somehow over looked the due date. Although every day has gotten a little easier, it's moments like this that send me flying back. Instead of dwelling on it and hiding in my room to cry, I am looking forward to the next couple of weeks and all the new things I am trying.

I've finally cut back on the wine and sweets, since being slapped in the face by my scale. I've been focusing my time on better nutrition, and attempting new workouts. Although I love my yoga classes, at $17 a pop, or $125 a month, my wallet has become a deep empty pit. So my fabulous husband, knowing that I've always wanted to take dance classes, sent me a link to groupon.com. (If you haven't found this site yet, I highly recommend you do.) There was a groupon for adult hip hop classes. Thankfully enough people signed up, and I will be starting class next week. Lord help me.

I also found a new place that offers an array of classes. In need of some direction and motivation to spice things up, I found a place for only $20 a month, includes Zumba, Spin, Pilates and Yoga. How can you go wrong? For some reason, I love change. I embrace it. It gets to the point where I feel things have become stagnant, and I need a change. So I'm making it. I don't know if I'll be blessed with children soon and I can't sit around waiting for it to happen. Life is too short to miss out on the things you want. So in the mean time, it's hip hop, Zumba and Spin time. Everything else will come when it's good and ready.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Celia! I have always wanted to take a hip hop class, sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed at your energy....I've LOOKED at places to sign up....but haven't done it yet. :(

    ReplyDelete