Friday, July 6, 2012

Weave Me Alone

Okay, so there's nothing really happening on the baby front this month. I did warn you about that though. Probably for the best seeing as I haven't been a very good girl this month. Blame it on the weddings, work stress, or realizing that my dream of being a stay at home wife (eventual mother) isn't happening any time soon. Any who, there's no bean in this belly.

But there are some lovely things happening besides growing myself a kid.

Amazing things actually.

Things I've wanted to happen for awhile.

So I can't remember if I've shared my recent class with y'all yet or not. But if not, here goes. I'm a weaver. Yes, like the old fashioned, picture your great great great grandmother's mother weaving fabric for clothing. That's me.

Okay, not like that. but I'm sure you can get a picture in your mind. 

My major in college was Textile Design and Fiber Arts. (I know, what was I thinking?) But seriously, I absolutely adore weaving. So much so that I recently took a refresher course at The Weaving Shed in Sterling, MA with Jen Baum. (She's lovely by the way. Highly recommend her classes!) So I took a class to refresh my old noggin' on how the whole weaving thing works. Boy am I glad I did. I forgot just how much I love me some loom time, and how little I could remember. But once I got back on the loom, things started to come back.

So much so, that I broke down and bought this lady. I call her Ruby. 
10 inch cricket loom

I've been a weaving fool ever since. Scarves, fabric, and potentially some place mats are in my future. Honestly, weaving is about the most relaxing thing you can do. 

On the last day of class, Jen mentioned she's selling her 45" floor loom. At which time my heart melted and begged her to take down the listing so that I could have first dibs. Of course this was all done prior to mentioning it to my husband. Thank goodness that man loves me. He complied and actually insisted that I purchase it. (Well, if I must!) So at the end of this month, my spare room/future child's room is being turned into my very own studio. Complete with my first ever floor loom. 

Stay tuned for photos and a remodel!

~Sometimes you need to embrace the challenges that you are faced with. Realize you have no control over your fate and decide to focus on the things you can control. 
Like weaving. 
And being happy. 
And that is what I fully intend to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment